I went all out a few weeks ago and decided to buy a new laptop. I decided to get an IBM (Lenovo) T60p model number 2623-DDU. Here are the specs:
· T2500 2.0GHz Core Duo processor with Intel Virtualization Technology
· 100GB 7200RPM hard drive
· 1GB Ram PC2-5300 667Mhz
· 15" UXGA (1600x1200) Flexview screen utilizing IPS technology
· ATI FireGL V5200 with 256MB
· Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network card, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth
· Verizon CDMA 2000 1X EV-DO Wireless WAN card
· It weights in at 6.4lbs with the 9-cell battery.
I was a bit afraid at first that the high resolution would make the text too small but I was wrong. The screen is absolutely amazing. It looks great and the viewing angle is far better than my old laptop. A few people online have had problems with stuck/dead pixels but I think that I escaped that problem.
I haven’t done much actual work on it yet or watched any movies but my initial impression after the first 24 hours is that this is defiantly a keeper. If I get a change I’ll post a more comprehensive review after I get everything setup and I use it a bit more. If you want an “official” review check out notebookreview.com at http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2864&Review=Lenovo+ThinkPad+T60p